I realize that a quick introduction might be in order.
My name is Jennifer, and I am a side-hustler extradornaire. (Pretty sure that might not be the correct verbiage, but while I’m a hustler, I am not the grammar police. So no picking on my writing.)
I’ve been actively reselling for years- mostly as a hobby & mostly my own things. In 2019, I began buying things with the intent to resell- thus offically I began calling myself a “reseller”.
This blog will follow my journey in 2020, and will analyze data & trends in the reselling world.
Where am I reselling?
- Poshmark: I use Posh as my main platform for clothing, accessories, shoes & bags. If you aren’t on Poshmark yet, use my code for a $10 shopping credit! My Code: 33Magnolia (Also my closet name 🙂
- Mercari: For a long time, Mercari was my “everything else” platform. I now crosslist items from Posh to Mercari. While Posh is definitely the front runner here, Mercari comes in clutch for items that I need to move! Click here a FREE $10 credit also (limited time) https://www.mercari.com/invitations/?iv_code=FCCUDM
- Ebay: So many people swear by Ebay in the reselling world. I don’t love it, but it works for some of the more unique items and high dollar items. It’s important to remember that the Ebay audience is much larger than Posh & Mercari, so it’s worth dabbling in.
- Kidizen: Only a few sales hit or miss on this kids stuff resale app, but it’s so quick & easy to list, it makes sense to crosspost my kids stuff here too. I don’t do a lot of kids items, so that probably plays a role in my lower sales. But, I’m happy with one a month for now to help move the kiddie stuff along. Click here for a $5 credit when you sign up for Kidizen: www.kidizen.com and use the code- bgo4c
- Facebook Marketplace: Only used for larger items that would benefit from a local sale. Otherwise, this platform is generally a time-waster of messages & no-shows for me, but I do believe that different areas of the country vary!
That’s the gist of it. For now.
If you are interested in learning how to succeed at reselling on these platforms, be sure to follow this blog for updates! I will be discussing personal experiences, inviting other professionals & corporate guests to provide insight, and looking over market data.